With the exponential growth and advancement in technology, the software development industry is experiencing a massive change in the development paradigm. As the software development is advancing, major transformation has been witnessed at the testing front to ensure higher quality of the end-product. Further, the advent of DevOps and Agile methodologies have brought significant transformation in the testing industry. From manual software testing legacy to automated testing – software testing has traversed a long path of evolution. Codeless test automation is the next generation technological change in the software testing domain. With a wide range of benefits it offers, codeless test automation is the most preferred by developers across the globe.
What is test automation?
Test automation is a popular testing approach that leverages automation techniques and tools. Instead of using a manual procedure for validating the software execution, it uses automated tools that increase efficiency with faster time-to-market. Some common types of automated tests are integration testing, regression testing, smoke testing, and unit testing. All agile software development processes require automation testing.
What is codeless test automation?
Software testing has always been a bane while developing software products. With the onset of the codeless test automation era, the associated hassles and risks have been reduced to a significant level. Codeless test automation or codeless auto-testing or codeless automation is a continuous testing technique that renders creating automated tests without composing a single line of code. For large software projects that require frequent release cycles, writing scripts for testing & devising a test environment takes a long time and resource. That crushes the goal of DevOps continuous testing and auto-testing. At this point, codeless testing comes to the rescue.
Codeless automation allows the team to automate the process of writing test scripts without any code. It ultimately helps the team to focus on the quality of software testing while reducing the hardcore coding process. In addition, codeless test automation makes testing scenarios easy to use by reducing the time that requires almost no coding efforts.
Why Developers Prefer Codeless Test Automation?
Carrying codeless test automation is not utterly code-free. However, there is a plenty of reasons why developers go with codeless test automation while developing products through continuous testing techniques.
- In the case of DevOps continuous testing, writing scripts for test automation multiple times defeats the purpose of rigorous auto-tests. It is because writing the scripts increases the time-to-market of the product. On the other hand, codeless testing expedites the testing process where the team has to deliver little effort on automation. Thus, it helps developers focus on product operation and innovative approaches.
- Software testers are not necessarily hard-core programmers. But considering the instance that testers should know a good level of coding makes it problematic. So, software development firms can leverage codeless test automation to increase test coverage with zero coding skills for testers.
- Codeless testing is a quicker way of delivering a product. It makes the entire software development process cost-effective. It ultimately diminishes the developer’s hassle with the testing team.
- Codeless testing solutions have a user-friendly interface. That makes it easier for testers and developers to accelerate the testing process in the software development life cycle.
- Error in the test script delays the product development process if you follow the traditional automation testing. So, to help developers and testers work in spontaneous flow, codeless testing is advantageous.
- Traditional QA testing tools take days or even weeks to create automated testing scenarios. For avoiding complex codes and frameworks, testers can leverage codeless test automation. That makes the testers work in parallel with the DevOps team, and hence developers can fix the bugs promptly and accelerate the production process.
Benefits of Codeless Testing
Codeless testing not only interests the developers but also gives testers and companies a satisfying experience. Here are some of the benefits of codeless testing.
- Continuous testing demands repetitive product tests. Through codeless testing, testers can evaluate the functionality without manually writing the test scripts.
- It allows testers to create test environments with zero coding skills.
- Codeless Automation Tools allow generating test reports easily.
- It allows smooth integration of bug tracking tools and effortless management of complex tests.
- This technique allows testers to learn and use such tools efficiently, as it does not require any programming background.
- This kind of test automation also renders visual UI workflows that innately follow current business rules. Thus, it makes testing scalable and easy to alter under different test scenarios.
- Codeless testing is highly compatible with the software development lifecycle. In agile and DevOps methodologies, codeless automation tests make continuous testing quicker and more effective. Since testers don’t have to write a test script, it matches the pace of the development cycle for continuous integration.
- Codeless automation tools also render the visual description of a process. Hence, the documentation process becomes effortless. Such testing makes documentation through logs and videos by utilizing advanced testing practices.
How does Codeless Automation tools help developers?
Codeless automation tools help testers to perform quality assurance checking faster. It ultimately aids developers in dealing with bug-fixing things before product deployment. Such automation tools also come with a friendly interface supporting the drag and drop feature. The record and play method is the most popular codeless technique utilized in web-based product development. For DevOps engineers, such tools allow rapid DevOps continuous testing. Due to the high scalability and integration, codeless automation tools can easily integrate with ML or AI technologies. Such integration makes development even faster.
Codeless testing has an overabundance of benefits that outweigh the drawbacks of general automation testing. Its adaptability and easy integration make it the ideal fit for agile software projects. Since codeless testing eliminates scripting, project delivery becomes faster even with a confined scope and tight deadlines.
Yethi is a niche QA service provider that leverages the capabilities of codeless automation for the BFSI industry. Yethi’s test automation platform, Tenjin, is a 6th generation tool that can effortlessly and efficiently carry out the testing of all functional and non-functional parameters. Thereby, allowing banks and financial companies to offer a seamless customer experience with accurate and consistent results.