Evaluating and Updating the Payment System for a Leading Saudi Arabian Bank
A renowned commercial bank in Saudi Arabia offering commercial and investment banking services was upgrading Apex payment systems as a part of their key business transformation initiative for a comprehensive digital banking experience. Yethi helped the bank update the payment system to ensure that the quality of their systems are of an acceptable standard and meet their banking and operational needs.
The bank was updating the Apex payment systems and selected Yethi as user acceptance testing and automation testing partner to undertake comprehensive testing activities for this transformation. The bank needed validation and verification of 4 modules of Apex payment systems and testing the applications and APIs in terms of their functionality.
The scope of work included,
- Test execution of around 6400 total planned test cases
- Configuration and deployment of Tenjin, Yethi’s test automation solutions across 16 applications and 22 APIs
- Design and preparation of 399 test case scenarios
- Execution of functional testing, user acceptance testing for end-to-end transaction flow of Apex payment system
- Handling of the end-to-end transformation project with comprehensive testing services
- Preparation and update of test strategy documents
Following are the list of activities that Yethi provided while executing test automation.
- Handed over test scenarios for 4 modules to the bank within the project deadline
- Identified 16 Functions/Application Menus for automation
- Completed Tenjin learning and sample execution for 16 menus
- Handled the project and Tenjin from offshore considering pandemic travel restrictions
- Integrated Tenjin test automation tool in developer machine
- Identifying and defining the scope of testing for functions like Menus, Submenus, Links, Tabs
- Completed application technical analysis for APEX payment system
Key Business Benefits
Yethi established an offshore model for the bank to execute testing of Apex payment system and automate the entire transaction flow with the changes alongwith creating and executing the entire test cycle of functional testing service. Following are the key benefits, which we achieved,
- Test Execution for available systems/ interfaces and for resolved defects were conducted within the project deadline
- Reviewing of 11813 UAT test cases beyond the scope of test case creation by Yethi
- Tenjin training & API scripting has been completed within the project deadline
- Listing of top 16 Functions/Application Menus for automation
- Tenjin learning and sample execution has been completed for 16 menus
- Tenjin integration support provided to the banks in offshore
- Application Technical Analysis (ATA) for APEX payment system has been completed
- Designing 399 Test Case Scenarios & Test Design for 4 modules
- Speeding up defect resolution by 30%
Yethi carried out functional testing and automation testing to initiate and validate the Apex payment system. It allowed the bank to go live with the available applications and modules and validate the changes with adequate defect tracking and management.
The digital initiative was supported with our test automation solution, Tenjin to ensure that the modules of the Apex payment system are performing as per the acceptable standard even with the changes and provide high ROI. The applications and APIs were upgraded as per the requirements along with customization and same was updated accurately in their payment system platform.
Founded by Fintech professionals with decades of domain experience, Yethi is invested in building the next generation of solutions to improve the quality of digital technologies being adopted within the BFSI industry.
Tenjin is Yethi’s scriptless test automation platform, a plug-and-play banking aware solution, with distinctive features like robotic capabilities to learn the application and re-learn after any updates, so regardless the complexity and number of updates, the test execution remains high-speed, minimizing manual effort.
To find out how Tenjin can help your business achieve faster results and better software responsiveness, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org