Transforming the Core Banking Platform for a Renowned South-West Pacific Bank
Yethi transforms the CBS platform with end-to-end testing for a renowned South-West Pacific Bank
A renowned commercial bank in the South-West Pacific region offering banking services was upgrading their Core Banking Solution platform. Yethi partnered with the bank to assist in their core banking transformation journey with our end-to-end testing services.
The bank was upgrading its Core Banking Systems to meet the needs of its next-generation customers. They were facing challenges maintaining the uniformity of their services in the 7 countries. Yethi assisted the bank with well-strategic functional and non functional testing services. Yethi automated test execution using Tenjin, the 5th generation codeless automation testing tool configured and used across all testing streams.
Approach & scope of work
- End-to-end testing (Functional, Non-functional, Tenjin) across various applications Oracle FLEXCUBE System V12.4, OBPM, OBDX, OFSAA, Branchless Banking & CTS
- End-to-end testing for more than 20 FLEXCUBE retail, corporate, and Oracle Banking Digital Experience modules
- Executing tests in batches for more than 30 business modules and around 30 different interfaces
- Providing high-level test coverage with thorough test planning and test designing methodology
- Executing Performance Testing, Disaster Recovery/ Failover Testing
Following are the list of activities that Yethi provided while end-to-end testing for the bank’s upgradation project,
- Testing Service for Core banking Implementation – FLEXCUBE and other in scope system like OBPM, OBDX, OFSAA, Branchless Banking, CTS and Interfaces
- Executing functional testing – functional acceptance testing, system integration testing, and user acceptance testing and customizing acceptance testing
- Executing migrated data testing and carrying out Parameter Configuration Verification for (FCUBS/OFSAA/OBPM)
- Providing Role Based Access Control (RBAC) testing
- Offering compatibility testing (Browsers/Platforms/Operating Systems)
- Handing over Regression Pack to the bank’s testing team along with training the team on Tenjin test execution
- Configuring Tenjin, the 5th generation codeless Automated Test execution tool across all testing streams of project and running them successfully across for more than 30 business modules
- Carrying out Parameter Validation using Tenjin
- Creating and running regression test pack across all modules daily in test environments as health check
- Ensuring that the regression test pack can independently and simultaneously run anytime without regular installing and monitoring
- Executing regression test pack using Tenjin along with defect tracking and test management
- Tenjin deployment and configuration with the menus in scope for their Core Banking System
- Optimizing performance of bank’s Core Banking System (FLEXCUBE), and Online Banking System (OBDX), OBPM using Tenjin
Key Project Benefits
Yethi established a service model for the bank and assisted them towards their upgradation journey by offering functional testing, non-functional, and automation testing. We automated the testing process wherever necessary using Tenjin automation tool. Following are the key project benefits, which the bank and we achieved,
- Improving numerous banking operation and reporting systems including real-time risk and credit bureau analytics reports, foreign exchange and telegraphic transfers, document management and branchless digital banking
- On-time launching new internet banking portal and operating platform
- Availability of additional functionality on the new internet banking platform such as increased security, trade finance features and payment file uploads, including mobile platform
- Defects raised by testing team helped the bank to resolve the errors on time
- Handed over a large test case repository of reusable assets with a regression pack for more than 3o business modules
- Yethi’s test strategy expertise leveraged by banking leaders for quicker deployment of changes, culminating into optimized efforts and reduction in overall QA expense
- Compound reduction in TATs and test efforts of the modules and applicati0n interfaces in scope
Yethi carried out end-to-end functional and non-functional testing, and automation testing of the CBS. It allowed the bank to test the functional acceptance, user acceptance, system integration, and performance of the platform across all the business modules and application interfaces.
We implemented the project across 7 countries Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Cook Islands, Tonga, Samoa, Solomon Islands & Fiji.
The automation testing was supported with our test automation solution, Tenjin, to ensure that the transactions across the modules and system workflows are of acceptable standard and provide high ROI.
Founded by Fintech professionals with decades of domain experience, Yethi is invested in building the next generation of solutions to improve the quality of digital technologies being adopted within the BFSI industry.
Tenjin is Yethi’s scriptless test automation platform, a plug-and-play banking aware solution, with distinctive features like robotic capabilities to learn the application and re-learn after any updates, so regardless the complexity and number of updates, the test execution remains high-speed, minimizing manual effort.
To find out how Tenjin can help your business achieve faster results and better software responsiveness, reach out to us at email@example.com