Globalization is rapidly increasing and connecting the world economies as one. This growth has led to an increase in global business travelers like never before. To ease the expense management for companies and add convenience to the business travelers, corporate cards were introduced. Employees no longer have to spend out of their pockets for official expenses and wait endlessly for reimbursement. Corporate cards offer the freedom to handle authorized business expenses and allow employees to deal with official expenditures directly from the company’s account.
For corporate cards to work effectively, it requires a strong testing process to support the software development activity. Since the process involves sensitive data like money, card number, customer details, and company details, there is no scope for compromise on the quality of testing. Card testing is a critical process that needs to be carried out accurately and securely while maintaining all compliances.
Are banks doing enough to innovate the card payments?
Banks have seen a transformative change in terms of card innovation. The increasing competition between fintechs and other financial institutions have led to innovation in the banking sector. This came as a plan to attract new customers and retain the existing ones.
The payments are getting more flexible, encrypted, regulated, and secured which is making them increasingly ubiquitous and transforming the customer experience. The trend of payments is moving towards real-time transactions and utilizing advanced technologies like Cloud, AI, ML, and digital payments.
The recent innovations in banking/ finance:
- Emphasis on digital approach
- Supporting e-channels, e-wallets, and third-party providers
- Real-time payment options
- Geography-specific needs catered
- World language supported
- AI and machine learning integrated transformations
- Approach to embrace the flexible Fintech business models
Even with the growing innovation, some unaddressed challenges by the banks/ financial institutions hinder their growth; they include:
- Increasing competition by the fintech companies
- Investigate peer-to-peer lending option
- Noncard lending options
- Unmet consumer demands
- Lack of personalization in customer engagement
- Slower adoption of new technology
The banking process aims to streamline and address all the challenges that lie ahead of a better user experience.
Why user experience is still nascent?
Today’s disruptive technology has made enormous changes in the way we use cards. Cards have evolved over the years; started with introduction of money withdrawal at the ATMs, swiping at merchant machines, and using it for online payments. Further, the introduction of corporate credit cards had been a big hit, offering ease of expense management among the companies.
Even with the greater options and flexibility the corporate cards offer, user experience still remains nascent. The reason user experience has not seen a steep growth is due to the lack of brand awareness, not meeting the customer demands, and not using cutting-edge technology.
Scope for improvements in corporate cards
- Corporate cards are primarily used by companies for expense management, but it is important for the employees also to keep a track of their expenditure and check if they are spending within the specified limit. Such tracking needs a real-time, efficient app that works flawlessly to update the debits instantly, send notifications, and track the daily/weekly/monthly expenses. The user experience can, further, be enhanced with a responsive user design and efficient navigation system.
- A greater customer experience can be achieved with an omnichannel transaction solution. Omnichannel payments refer to the mode of payments in multiple ways; for example, making payment using phone, web, merchant machine, or third-party payment apps. Though there has been a significant growth in providing omnichannel payments, there is a need to expand the payment options for the corporate cards to offer great convenience to the users.
- To offer a great experience for card users, it is essential to incorporate the right UI UX practices. Only a responsive design and seamless user experience will keep the users happy and eventually help to retain them.
- Credit card budgeting tools are perfect for tracking expenses. These tools connect with the financial accounts and tracks the transaction through an app. Emphasis should be made on creating credit card budgeting tools with great design and seamless user experience.
Why is card testing critical? What are the parameters involved?
The success of a corporate credit card lies in the accurate credit card testing process conducted during and after the development process. Without proper testing, the process would be chaotic providing inconvenience to the employees and incurring a huge loss to the company. The testing of cards involves various important steps to ensure that it works even under high loads without performance failure.
Key points involved in card testing:
- The card should be tested to offer flexibility to work online as well as offline
- Card testing ensures that the card works efficiently with the sales machine even during the offline payment
- The testing should ensure that the payments are done instantly
- It should effortlessly pass the payment confirmation message testing
- Testing to check if the funds are properly received in the merchant account
- Card testing must ensure that the payment confirmation is received
- Testing should make sure that the payments are encrypted and secured
Corporate cards are evolving and transforming business objectives while offering better security and simplifying the payment options. Furthermore, the rewards, deals, and perks offered by the card companies are initiatives to attract more business owners, making it benefit mutually.
Since the process involves sensitive data like money, card number, customer details, and company details, the critical development process of card software need a well-planned, accurate, secure, and strong software testing process.
Why Yethi for credit card testing?
Credit card testing is an elaborate process involving functionality validation, functionality testing, non-functional testing, testing the performance, testing the changes and configuration, and reviewing the test reports. Yethi’s 300+ domain specialists have developed test strategy and business scenario/ test case review for corporate credit cards, for the esteemed clients.
Yethi is a niche QA servicer provider for global banking and financial companies. Yethi’s flagship product, Tenjin, is diminishing the operational gaps across key business areas of the BFSI industry. This simple plug-in platform is process-driven and offers seamless end-to-end testing. It delivers better software performing at a faster rate with nearly 100% accuracy. Our half-a-million test case repository for card testing comprises end-to-end test case scenarios for credit card payment through POS application and test the important details of cards like card number, expiry date, CVV number, AVS code, encryption, authorization, and settlement, and more helping you to fast track your product within your budget constraint.