Digitalization is driving transformation!
In recent years, many digital platforms were developed to address user requirements, and innovation is still underway. Since we use the digital platform in every sphere of our life, technology and innovation will keep emerging. Just while we continue developing more digital platforms, we need to be confident about their performance and user acceptance. Testing becomes extremely important as it ensures that the software performance is top-notch, and end-users can reap the benefits of these applications. As digital platforms are evolving, so is testing. From manual testing to automation, the testing phase has moved further to Cloud testing.
What is Cloud testing?
Testing of applications using cloud computing services is known as cloud testing. Cloud testing focuses on faster availability while ensuring scalability and flexibility, and helps in saving time and cost, which is an ultimate requirement for software testing. The purpose of cloud testing is to check and validate the functional and non-functional requirements of software using cloud computing. Cloud testing allows testing of software over an internet-based platform and remotely provides many computing services like hardware, software, and other computer-related services.
Following are the main models of Cloud Computing,
Types of Testing in the Cloud
The applications can undergo following types of testing in the cloud.
1. Functional testing
Functional software testing examines all the features and functional requirement of software. It also checks how software interacts with hardware.
- System testing — Through this testing system’s compliance is evaluated for its functional and system requirements.
- Acceptance testing — Acceptance testing ensures that an application can meet customer requirements.
- Integration testing — This testing checks if the application is compatible with different platforms and works even when it is moved from one cloud infrastructure to another.
2. Non-functional testing
Non-functional testing in the cloud allows you to validate the non-functional features of software such as performance, usability, and reliability.
- Security testing — Security testing of application ensures that data is stored and transmitted safely.
- Stress testing — Executing Stress testing help you in evaluating your application performance under excessive stress.
- Performance testing — Performance testing ensures that the application performs correctly with various numbers of users, while cloud solutions should be scalable on-demand.
- Load testing — Load testing helps in measuring software response time when the load is increased in system.
- Latency testing — Latency test allows you to measure the application response delay after deploying it in the cloud.
3. Ability testing
To verify whether users really receive application services on-demand, ability testing is necessary.
- Compatibility testing — As the name suggests, the compatibility testing helps in evaluating the application’s compatibility with various environments and platforms.
- Disaster recovery testing — Disaster recovery testing helps in evaluating disaster recovery time and ensure that the application is available to users with minimum data loss.
- Multi-tenancy testing — Multi-tenancy testing verifies application’s ability to ensure the level of security and access control for multiple users in the cloud.
Benefits of Cloud Testing
Cloud-based testing is widely accepted over traditional manual testing. Here are the following reasons:
- Scalability — Business requirements keep changing frequently. Based on these requirements, cloud computing resources can be increased or decreased, ensuring the scalability of the technology.
- Time-efficient — Cloud testing allows you to run your applications on various hardware. Hence, testers have enough time to fix the bugs making the technology more time-efficient.
- Cost-efficient — Cloud testing allows you to pay only for those resources, testing environment, hardware, and software that you might use.
- Easy test environment configuration — Cloud-based tools allow you to set up a test environment on multiple devices, saving you time and money. It can also detect the errors during environment configuration across all devices.
- Easily customizable — Cloud testing provides easily customizable options by using cloud-based tools and services. Testers can easily emulate an end-user-centric environment saving you time and money.
- Ensure comprehensive testing — Cloud testing creates an all-device platform and configuration, eliminating the need for multiple devices and facilitating comprehensive testing.
- Faster testing — Cloud-based testing tools enable software test automation reducing, time to the market. It has eliminated the need for having separate testing infrastructure while enhancing team collaboration and improving testing.
- Continuous availability — Software testing is available to the testers anytime and anywhere to speed up their software development lifecycle with its continuous availability.
- Improve team collaboration — Companies can improve their team collaboration by implementing DevOps in the cloud. The team collectively can try different configurations and data and automate testing processes using tools.
Four main categories of Cloud testing
- SaaS testing in Cloud – Based on the application requirements, functional and non-functional testing is executed.
- Testing using entire cloud – Based on the cloud features, where the cloud is considered as an entity, testing is executed by Cloud and SaaS vendors, as well as end-users.
- Testing within a cloud – Cloud vendors can check internal features to carry out testing.
- Testing across cloud – Utilizing different types of cloud environment, the testing is executed.
Cloud Testing’s Core Components
The testing is executed of these core components to ensure the following aspects.
The expert team at Yethi understands the importance of testing across multiple devices and networks. As swift changes in digital environment redefine consumer and retail banking, we are providing exhaustive test-coverage throughout all aspects of digital transformation and application testing like Functional, UI/UX, Performance, Compatibility, Security, Geo-based and network testing, by enabling testing across multiple devices, OSes, and browsers,
With cloud testing, we ensure timely testing of digital and mobile assets by incorporating real-time testing of both native and hybrid mobile applications across multiple platforms, thereby eliminating delays and redundancies and saving time and money.